Our client, an Innovative MedTech company, is currently looking for an Senior Mechanical Engineer (Vaud / Fixed position)
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer within our Mechanical team, you will lead and support product development and verification testing of mechanical systems and subsystems of our next-generation surgical robot.
- Responsible for the development of highly integrated mechatronic subsystems, integration of functional requirements including industrial design and compliance with the necessary laws and standards.
- Design components and assemblies, produce mechanical drawings in a regulated environment.
- Work in cross-functional R&D teams to design, prototype, test, and manufacture new robotic platform subsystem designs as well as improvements to existing designs.
- Edit documentation including preparation of requirement specifications, design description, verification protocols, as well as giving support for assembly instructions, preventive maintenance, calibration protocols and manufacturing process instruction.
- Execute Engineering Change
- Be involved in product design transfers to our contract manufacturers. Support evaluation and selection of suppliers for mechanical parts. Help resolve supplier quality issues.
- Give guidance and technical advice to less experienced mechanical engineers.
- Bachelor’s and/or a Master’s degree in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Demonstrated proven experience in designing products or equipment, including design for manufacturability (DfM), assembly (DfA), design to cost, reliability and serviceability through strong concept development, design review, hands-on prototyping, and reliability testing skills.
- Must have experience designing in a regulated field under a qualified quality management system.
- Be able to coordinate development with external partners and suppliers as well as coordination with different departments within interdisciplinary development projects.
- Be able to design for lower volume manufacturing processes, which may include conventional machining, metal casting or forming, sheet metal processing, additive manufacturing, injection molding and others
- Being a self-driven person with the ability to excel in a high-energy, small, focused team, to maintain a strong sense of shared responsibility and reward, and to make work fun and interesting.
- Keep a passion for solving tough technical problems and creating elegant and reliable products.
- Professional Proficiency in English (oral and written).
Please send your application to : email@example.com