In the frame of an «Exclusive Mandate», we would like to present you a new challenge.
Our client, an Innovative Tech company, is currently looking for one Hardware Engineering Manager (Lausanne Area / Fixed position).
In this new challenge, you will be responsible for bringing alignment, ownership, and focus to the hardware engineering team. You lead hardware design of the next-generation robotic surgical solution, fulfilling product and regulatory requirements of a medical device. As part of this scope, you will plan, conduct, and supervise engineering research, design and development.
- Lead, develop, and manage hardware engineering team, provide technical guidance, evaluation, and facilitate career growth
- Responsible for planning, design, development, prototyping, and testing of complex mechanical or electro-mechanical system
- Responsible for managing New Product Introduction activities, drive engineering changes, design transfer, and implementation and tracking of changes through change control
- Project management responsibilities, developing and maintaining project schedules and budget
- Be accountable for product verification and validation activities in close partnership with contractors and testing laboratories across Europe including electromagnetic compatibility and electrical safety,
- Manage projects, design, prototype and implement mixed-signal and power electronics, verification & validation,
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical / electronic engineering, or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience in the product development role, with at least 3 years in medical device development, or other regulated industries
- 5+ years of direct people management experience in product development
- Experience in project, program, and portfolio management in a complex new product development environment
- Wide-ranging know-how of electronics: mixed signal, power electronics printed circuit boards, cabling, and system level architecture/integration (HW/ME/SW).
- At ease organizing and executing requirements-driven development and verification activities.
- Capable of scoping and executing risk management activities with the team (e.g. FMEAs, or similar)
- Experience working within a quality management system (e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 13485 or similar)
- At ease working with engineering disciplines such as: mechanics and software, and other company functions including QA, Regulatory Affairs, Operations and Supply Chain
- Professional oral and written French and English and able to travel (10%) within Europe.
- Bonus Points
- Experience with medical industry regulations such as IEC60601
- Experience in the Life Sciences or a related industry
Please send us your CV, copies of diplomas and a cover letter.